What should you expect during training?
- Complete required online training throughout the training period with testing for retention purposes.
- Train with a Clinical Director or Mentor
- Introduction at assigned facilities
- Regular schedule of patients
- Receive additional training if necessary
- Spend time with Assistant Vice President of Regional Operations
- Begin to work independently in facilities with support from the Clinical Director, Mentor, and Assistant Vice President of Regional Operations
What areas will I be trained on?
MedOptions has developed a standardized training program that combines online learning and on-site field training. All clinicians will have a solid understanding of these areas upon completing training:
- MedOptions Clinical Model and how clinicians collaborate
- Overview of the aging process
- Psychiatric disorders of the geriatric population
- Clinical protocols for evaluation and treatment
- Documentation, coding, and compliance
- Electronic Health Record (EHR)
- Work in skilled nursing facilities
- MedOptions policies and procedures
MedOptions is committed to the continued professional development of its clinicians which starts with training. We offer a number of support and educational opportunities including:
- Support from the Assistant Vice President of Regional Operations, Clinical Director, Mentor, Chief Medical Officer, and Chief Psychology Officer
- Regional staff meetings
- Online training/CEUs
- Support Center staff provides support to our clinicians in various areas including IT, intake, scheduling, payroll, Human Resources, and others