Behavioral Health Services
The existing treatment providers and staff members in skilled nursing and assisted living facilities are trained and experienced in handling all of the medical, physical, and daily living needs of their residents. However, residents who are struggling with mental health and behavioral concerns will have additional needs.
MedOptions clinicians are trained and experienced in working with facility staff to identify residents who have a need for behavioral health services, assessing and developing a treatment plan, and providing these services. Our teams are comprised of psychiatrists, nurse practitioners, psychologists, and licensed clinical social workers, and they provide a complete range of services for elderly mental health care, including but not limited to:
● Evaluating the psychiatric and mental health in elderly residents
● Providing antipsychotic medication management
● Implementing the Gradual Dose Reduction (GDR) program
● Planning and implementing behavioral interventions
● Providing individual and group psychotherapy
● Facilitating mental health rehabilitation for residents
● Conducting thorough Memory Care Evaluations
When a partnership develops with your facility, MedOptions also invests in your existing staff. Our teams provide educational in-service trainings and programs to help your staff learn the most effective skills for managing any concerning behaviors exhibited by the residents, and increase their confidence. This can help with staff burnout and turnover rates for your facility.